Wednesday 9 April 2014

Word Wednesday Guest Spot: Lauren Hay

Good Morning!

Today's Word Wednesday features guest designer Lauren Hay and I'm absolutely thrilled to introduce you to Lauren's work. In fact, this blog wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Lauren. I'd been meaning to get started for ages but just needed that final bit of motivation and Lauren provided inspiration with her lovely posts about design on her blog late last year. So here is Lauren's contribution to Word Wednesday and how true it is! 
Read on to find out more about Lauren and don't forget to get in touch if you would like to be featured on my blog.
Have a fab day!
Frankie x
  




Name: Lauren Hay
Location: North-East Scotland
Where can we find you on the web?

facebook.com/OhHayDesigns

Design Background
At the moment I'm in the middle of my last year of my HND and will hopefully be going to University to get my Honors after the Summer. I set up 'OhHay!' back in June 2013 and at the time it was mainly just a blog but at the end of 2013 I started selling Calendars. I'm still yet to add more to this but really hope that one day OhHay! can become a known brand.

5 random facts about you
I have several published poems out in the world.
I have a Grade 1 in Violin.


Your influences
My main non-design influences come from Charles and Alli Trippy! They are vloggers over on YouTube and they are brilliant. They have been together for a few years and been through so much. Charles is currently battling Brain Cancer while also being the basis for We The Kings, so it's just amazing to see how someone could do that.

Any story behind the quote/words you chose?
I just feel like it's something I really need to do more. I've always been someone to get easily disheartened and it's just something I need to do more.

Where would you most like to see your quote/words 
I would love to see my work just in people's homes. I want to start up my own stationery line and it would be amazing to actually see that dream come into action!

What word do you use way too much?
I use the word 'like' far too much! I will even notice myself saying it in conversations and try to stop but I end up doing it even more!

Favourite font(s) 
I love Champagne and Limousines, it's so pretty and clean! I've been using it on all my college projects this year so far.

What would your handwriting be called if it was a font?
I think if I made my own font I would have to name it after OhHay! It would be very messy but cute. I don't think it would be very legible though!

Any wise words you’d like to offer?
Always carry a notebook or sketchbook with you! You never know when that amazing idea will come to you and trust me you won't remember it when you get home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment