Wednesday 12 March 2014

Word Wednesday Guest Spot - Jen Whitham



Greetings! 
I'm so excited to have my first guest for Word Wednesday. I've been doing this feature since I started my blog and decided a couple of weeks ago that it would be great to open it up to other designers and use it as a platform for showcasing their work and to find a little bit more out about them and the way they use text/typography in. My first guest is Jen Whitham, a one woman whirlwind in the world of design! Running toddler groups, bringing up 4 babies and running her own design business, Jens Little Treasures, and she still found time to answer a few of my questions!

I really love Jen's clean and bold designs. Her love of children is certainly evident in her work through her choice of colour and playful motifs. Jen will also feature in an upcoming Studio Tuesday feature here. If you would like to be featured on my blog, please do get in touch.

Read on to find out more about Jen! 





Name - Jen Whitham
Location - Leeds, UK
Where can we find you on the web?
Currently only running on Facebook www.facebook.com/jenslittletreasures

Design background 
I have a background in surface Pattern Design. I began creating prints for family members and they encouraged me to start selling to others. I opened JensLittleT in 2012 and have been running from Facebook exclusively ever since. 

5 random facts
*I began my degree with one child, and graduated with 3! 
*I run 2 toddler groups a week locally with a group of mums in my area!
*I married my high school sweetheart, having met at age 13 and still happily together. 
*I have appeared in a Mother & Baby magazine
*I hate drawing with pencils
Your influences 
I'm totally in love with P!nk. I have seen her 4 times in concert, and took my eldest to see her when she was 6yrs old. she is so inspirational and honest. 
Any story behind the quote/words you chose?
I am big on Family. I have a large family myself, with 4 children running around, and 2 siblings too, between us we have 10 children and I think this quote is very fitting.

Where would you most like to see your quote/words? 
Hung in peoples homes. I create prints for people everyday, and I love knowing that each print i post out will be hung proudly in someone's home for may years to come. It's quite a satisfying feeling. 

Do you have any favourite words?
hmmm, I don't know, I love words with the letter X in it, its quite masculine. My son is called Alexander but we call him Xander and it just sounds nice on the tongue. 

What word do you use way too much?
Absolutely - I'm not sure why, I say it way too much. 
Not a problem - again... i'm not sure why. 

Favourite font
I LOVE Cooper Std. I think i over used it when i first started using fonts. Its quite big and bubbly, with unusual curves. I use it less now I've discovered other fonts. 

What would your handwriting be called if it was a font?
Happy Hobbit - it would be swirly and bold with a flick of attitude. 

Any wise words you’d like to offer? 
Make the most of Free font downloads, and practise combining and layering fonts. Have fun with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment