Friday 7 February 2014

January Collection update...

Greetings!
I just thought I would do a little update regarding my January collection. I'm currently working on rebuilding my portfolio, as previously mentioned I managed to lose all my work just before Christmas! I decided that I would do at least one new pattern a day and complete one collection per month. It took a while to get in the swing of it in January and so I'm a bit behind with this one but glad to say I learned a lot and am already on track for February.

I also decided to tackle a more detailed pattern with lots of motifs. I started out with William Morris' Strawberry Thief as my inspiration and took it from there. Here's how the main pattern looks at the moment... I really love it and in these cold, dark, wet days it's really provided some sunshine.



It was really awful when I first discovered that I'd lost all my work. I was devastated and really angry with myself for not backing up. In the end it has been a blessing in quite a few ways. It's forced me to work harder and smarter. I had orders to fulfil in a very short time and I did it! That gave me confidence in my ability to work under pressure. I actually felt a little bit more free without the history of my beginner's work - what I realised was that although I had lost my work, I hadn't lost all the skills I'd acquired whilst making it. Now, in backing up my work, I've started to be much more organised in my work flow. And last but not least, I experienced some really good customer service from John Lewis! 

Have a lovely day, I'm off to start designing some co-ordinates! 
Frankie x

No comments:

Post a Comment