Friday 21 February 2014

Progress... ilovepattern is growing

Hello!

Hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend. I've had a little bit of time off this week which was fun but has meant that the pressure is really on next week. I have three collections to complete as I want March to be completely clear to start some new projects. I've also decided that I am going to make a few changes to my blog which I am really excited about as they involve connecting with other designers.

I've usually just dedicated my Friday post to documenting my progress in the studio. I am going to continue to do this occasionally but have decided to make a few changes.

My intention for this blog has always been for it to become a useful resource for other surface pattern designers. Having taken some modules from the ABSPD I wanted to continue to develop my skills and broaden my knowledge of surface pattern and share my experiences.

I'm not trying to create a course here - there are fantastic courses out there, particularly ABSPD which I have written a review of here and MATS. Nor is it a showcase for what's current in surface pattern - this is already perfectly presented by Marie Perkins over at Print & Pattern. What I am hoping we can do together is create a knowledge base of surface pattern design whilst showcasing new talent alongside more established designers.

A few of the new features I am writing are as follows:

Motif Monday - a chosen motif, examples of it - how and why you used it in your own work.
Studio Tuesday - in the studio with... a lighthearted look at how different designers work - established and new.
Word Wednesday - great for showcasing your lettering or typography skills.

Please do get in touch if you have an idea for a post or wish to be involved. You can email me at: ilovepattern@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers and have a great weekend!
Frankie x

No comments:

Post a Comment