Wednesday 26 February 2014

Word Wednesday #9


Good Morning!

I saw this quote a few days ago on Twitter and really liked it, so I googled it and found out that there were a number of other 'rules' that went with it. The original article was geared towards writers but can apply to all forms of arts or practices.

1 Turn up for work. Discipline allows creative freedom. No discipline equals no freedom.
2 Never stop when you are stuck. You may not be able to solve the problem, but turn aside and write something else. Do not stop altogether.
3 Love what you do.
4 Be honest with yourself. If you are no good, accept it. If the work you are doing is no good, accept it.
5 Don't hold on to poor work. If it was bad when it went in the drawer it will be just as bad when it comes out.
6 Take no notice of anyone you don't respect.
7 Take no notice of anyone with a ­gender agenda. A lot of men still think that women lack imagination of the fiery kind.
8 Be ambitious for the work and not for the reward.
9 Trust your creativity.
10 Enjoy this work!
I've only ever read one book by Jeanette Winterson - it's called Lighthousekeeping and I really enjoyed it. So today, I might dig around on audible and see if there's anything by her that I might listen to whilst I'm working.

This isn't my favourite word wednesday image I've ever done but things have been so busy here that I only had half an hour to put it together and do this post! I'm guessing it will annoy me so much that at some point in the future I will come back and improve it! The patterns and elephants are from a collection I am working on and as ever the font is Kimberly Geswein's 'Let Her Go Solid' that you can get here.

Do what you love and love what you do,
Frankie x

No comments:

Post a Comment