Friday 12 December 2014

My new studio!

Morning!


I thought I would share a few pictures of my new studio for fun. I'm so grateful to have such a beautiful room to work from at last. For the last couple of years I have been working in a very dark basement room which although lovely and cosy in the winter time was damp and so very cold in the summer - so much so that I had to move out and work at a tiny desk this year until I moved house. 

I always try to be tidy but a lack of space and storage meant that my old room was always a mess and it got to the stage where I didn't want to paint or draw because it just always felt so cluttered. However since I moved house and got my attic room, Ikea came to my rescue! I opted to get a few KALLAX shelving units and I'm so glad. They're really versatile and fit perfectly. 

I also got a chest of drawers called ALEX - which is lovely but disappointing as it's only just A2 size and could have done with being oversized slightly so that you can get paper in and out more easily or comfortably store A3 folders side by side.

I bought 2 MALM desks, one has an extending panel and I wish I'd taken both like this now instead of the cupboard on the other one. The pull out unit on it gives a great bit of extra space when you've lots of stuff on your desk.

As you can see, I went crazy for cactus plants too. I just love them. My plan is to create some terrariums with them some day...

If you're wondering about the candle tins, they are from a company called Pintail and they do the most gorgeous fragrances. One of my dreams is to have my own candle range one day or to have a company use my patterns to decorate their tins. 

The glass baubles in the jar are from Paperchase from a few years ago. It's the first time I could bring myself to take them from the packet!!! I loved the way they were organised in their colours and every one of them is a different colour/finish. But they do look yummy in the jar and it's my take on a Christmas tree for the time being.

I also now have a view out of my window which is a real treat. I'll try to get a good picture of it soon and share it. I love to see where people create and so I thought I would share my space with you! Hope you enjoyed it!


Enjoy your day,
Frankie x

No comments:

Post a Comment