Friday 19 December 2014

My work in progress this week...

Hello!
Today I'm sharing a some of my work in progress from this week. I rarely share my work and I'm not sure why, I just think I enjoy sharing and talking about other people's work more than my own!

I'm currently working on some single patterns for a trade show in China. This is the first time I have ever prepared for a trade show and I am really excited. I'm trying to do a variety of subjects but as there is no brief, it's really fun researching trends and experimenting with different styles. It feels a bit strange working on single patterns as I got in the habit of thinking in collections but it's always good to try new things! MATS Part A really helped me with this and I can't wait to be challenged even more in Part B!

So anyway, here are a few screenshots of some of the things I have been working on this week...

I adore the ogee shape - it's so nice to design motifs to fit inside it. 
My motifs were inspired by Scandinavian folk art.

Old bottles and ferns with a mid century modern feel...

These motifs were inspired by old Mexican tile patterns. 
Making patterns can take you on such wonderful journeys!
Hope you have a lovely weekend! 
Love
Frankie x

No comments:

Post a Comment